COMBO Montserrat & Codorníu + Sagrada Família
- Morning – Montserrat & Codorníu Wine Cellars. Starts 8h30 AM. Duration: 6h30 approx.
- Afternoon – Gaudí the Sagrada Família Tour. Starts: 3h15 PM. Duration: 2h30 approx
- Language: English.
- Transport: Comfortable roomy air-conditioned bus.
- Price includes: entrance to Sagrada Família (worth 15 €), professional guide, spacious coach and experienced driver, entrance to Codorníu Cellars (worth 9 €) and a taste of cava.
- Itinerary: Morning tour: Barcelona > Codorníu Wine Cellars including a taste of cava > Montserrat with some time for lunch > return to Barcelona.
Afternoon tour: Plaça Catalunya > Passeig de Gràcia with façades of Casa Batlló and la Pedrera > Sagrada Família guided visit + free time > return to Plaça Catalunya.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- Fast track entrance to the Sagrada Família and Codorníu cellars
- You will get the best price combining 2 tours in one day.
- Codorníu has the world’s largest underground cellars – 34 km of tunnels to store the Cava
- Enjoy some spectacular views from Montserrat mountain and see la Moreneta up close (the Black Madonna)
- Picturesque drive up to Montserrat (about an hour from Barcelona).
- Roomy and air conditioned bus with big windows.
- About an hour free time to roam on your own.
- Entrance tickets and skip the line to Sagrada Família.
What's not included
- Funicular, track railway or cable car. You will have time for a round trip on Sant Joan funicular railway.
- The Boys’ Choir.
- Food and drinks. There is water available in the bus for 1 €.
- Access to the towers in Sagrada Família.
- Hotel pick up. Departure point is in Plaça Catalunya, the center of Barcelona and with very good communications, near la Rambla, Gothic Quarter and Passeig de Gràcia.
- This tour involves some walking.
- Dress a bit warmer for Montserrat, it is colder than the city.
- Silence must be kept inside the church so the guide will give all the explanations outside.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
What will I see?
Montserrat & Codorníu Wine Cellars Tour
The two most popular sites near Barcelona are combined in this tour. Make the most of your time and visit the Penedès wine region on the way to Montserrat Sanctuary.
Discover the Cathedral of Cava. Codorníu has the largest underground cellars in the world; it stocks up to 100 million bottles which are housed in a Modernista building declared a historic artistic monument. The visit includes a tour around the cellar in a small electric train and a taste of cava (method champenoise wine).
Montserrat: Spectacular mountain and views, ancient monastery, holy shrine. An incomparable place not to be missed. Dress a bit warmer for Montserrat, it is colder than the city.
Itinerary: Barcelona > Sant Sadurní d’Anoia – Codorníu Cellars > Parc Natural de Montserrat > Sanctuary (Monastery, Basilica, Chapel of the Virgin) > Free time for lunch > return to Barcelona.
Gaudí – The Sagrada Família Tour
The tour is dedicated to the single most important site in Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia, unfinished temple of the genius architect Antoni Gaudí, who dedicated the latter part of his life to this work.
Find out who Gaudi was with a visit to the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo. Enters their world and do not leave Barcelona without really understanding some of his most outstanding works. Do not waste time, your expert guide will take you directly to the interior.
Itinerary: Passeig de Gràcia > Façades of Casa Batlló & La Pedrera > Eixample > Sagrada Família.
What to expect
Montserrat and Codorníu wineries
The tour will begin at 8.30 am, departing towards the wine region of Penedès. First stop at the Codorníu Winery, with a guided tour, a trip on a small electric train along the underground cellars and a tasting of cava (champagne method). Then we go to Montserrat, directly to hear the Children’s Choir (when available), guided tour and free time for lunch. We’ll be back in Barcelona on Plaça Catalunya at 3 pm.
The tour starts from Plaza Catalunya in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. Look for orange umbrellas!