Picasso Museum & Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
Skip the line to visit the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious. Discover the Gothic Quarter’s charming squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets. Come to the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago.
- When: Tue, Thu & Sat at 9 AM, from April 1 to November 1
- Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
- Language: English
- The price includes: Entrance to Picasso Museum (worth 11 €)
- Distance: This is a walking tour of approximately 2 km, 1.3 miles
- Itinerary: Plaça Catalunya> Catedral> Picasso Museum with guided tour + free time> Plaça del Rei> End of tour in the Plaça Sant Jaume (2 minutes walk from La Rambla).
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will discover the series of Las Meninas by Picasso.
- You will walk directly to the Picasso Museum and enter before the crowd arrives.
- Radio-guides facilitate the monitoring of the whole story through headphones. So you can walk next to the guide without worrying about anything.
- Skip the line. The price of the entrance to the Picasso Museum is included
- 45-minute guided tour plus some free time in the Picasso Museum
What's not included
- Neither pick up nor drop off to the hotel
- This tour includes some walking.
- The tour ends at the Plaça de Sant Jaume in the Gothic Quarter. 2 minutes from the Rambla, you’ll stay or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the guidance you need.
What will I see?
The Picasso Museum and the surrounding Gothic and Ribera quarters are testimony to the close tie between the artist and the city. With this tour you will follow Picasso’s footprint in the city and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona.
Be inspired by the first steps of Pablo Picasso as an artist. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious from 1887 to 1901. It is housed in 5 medieval palaces and was inaugurated in 1963 at the expressed wish of the artist.
The museum has a collection of 4200 pieces of art, we especially recommend:
- Picasso’s full unfolding from a child up to the Blue Period
- A representation of works from 1917
- The series of las Meninas, 1957
- A comprehensive print collection
This is the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago. Enjoy the Gothic Quarter’s charming corners and squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets.
What to expect
Plaça Catalunya in front of Hotel Olivia Plaça. Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time, and look for the orange umbrellas!
Why 9 am?
You will be the first to arrive at the Picasso Museum, avoiding all the crowds.
- Departure point in Plaça Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza and Deutsche Bank
- Façade of the Cathedral
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Picasso Museum
- Plaça del Rei
- End of tour in plaça Sant Jaume in the Gothic Quarter. It is a 2 minute walk to la Rambla, so you can stay and wonder around or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the orientations you may need.
Discover Barcelona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide. XXX our team – people XXX
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 20 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but talk softly through the radio-guides.
Secure and easy booking
All departures are guaranteed
You don’t need to print your voucher.
The tour begins at Plaça Catalunya in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaça. You’ll recognize us by our orange umbrellas.