Tour Guide Training Centre
Founded by tour guides in 1990, from the very outset BGB has focussed on quality and continuous improvement. And this has seen us participate in hundreds of training and continuous education activities. In 2001, we decided that the in-house courses we organised should be made open to other colleagues in the field and this is how “El Centre de Formació BGB” was formed. As well as offering stimulating and relevant training, the Centre was also designed to be a meeting place and point of contact for guides.
- Training and Continuous Education Activities: We deliver courses, conferences, visits to tourist sites, temporary exhibitions, new museums etc.
- Guide Training Course: for prospective guides preparing to enter the profession before sitting the exams for the Guia de Turisme de Catalunya license.
- Information Bulletin: on a periodic basis we send members an Information Bulletin on events and relevant sector news as well as articles and reviews. Our calendar of events is published here.
- Library: being experts on both Barcelona and Catalonia, our expansive collection of literature has been entered on a database for easy access. We possess a wide range of material on all relevant subjects: books, exhibition programmes, CD-ROMs, DVDs, specialised dossiers, and audio/visual cassettes.
- Training Dossiers: these are specially designed to help guides in preparing visits to a specific museum or a particular route. All of the relevant information has been collected into a single dossier to save on research time.
- Tourist Resources File: computer access to files on all of the tourist sites in Catalonia. This includes technical information such as prices, opening times, telephone numbers, time required for the visit etc.
- Computer: all members have access to the computer with ADSL for online consulting, mailing etc.
- Consultancy: legal and tax consultants with knowledge of the specific nature of the tour guide profession are available to clarify any potential doubts regarding VAT, income tax, term or annual tax returns etc.
More information here: www.barcelonaguidebureau.cat