Gaudí’s Colònia Güell and Crypt: train + audioguide
You should not miss this masterpiece by Gaudí. It’s only 20 minutes away from Barcelona, and the reservation includes: round-trip train ticket, entrance to Colònia Güell and an audioguide to make the most of your visit. Easy and at your own pace!
- When: Daily from 10 AM to 2 PM all year round (except January 1st and 6th, Holy Friday and December 25th and 26th)
- Departure point: FGC Railway station at Plaça Espanya.
- Itinerary: Train FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya) from Plaça Espanya railway station, Barcelona, to Santa Coloma de Cervelló. Get off at station “Colònia Güell”. Once at the station, just follow the blue footsteps to the Visitors’ center. There you will get your entrance and your audioguide set.
- Duration: between 2 and 4 hours (the train from Barcelona to Colònia Güell takes 25 minutes; they run every 10 minutes on weekdays, and every 20 minutes on weekends and bank holidays)
- Languages: The audioguide is included in the price, and is available in: Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian, German, Russian, Korean and Japanese.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- Because it is a World Heritage Site, declared by UNESCO in 2005.
- In addition to Gaudí’s church, the Colònia Güell gives you the opportunity to explore its streets while admiring the most important Catalan Art-nouveau or modernista buildings in the life of the village, which are of great interest.
- The Gaudí Crypt and Colonia Güell is the work that served as the test laboratory for the Sagrada Familia, the most surprising architectural innovation workshop of the 20th century, the place where Gaudí’s creativity explodes. He devised the constructive and formal approaches of his new architecture that he would carry out in the Sagrada Familia.
- Round-trip ticket train Barcelona – Colònia Güell
- Entrance to the textile village
- Audioguide (in your own language -9 available!)
- With your ticket you will have access to the interpretation center about the Colònia Güell and the Gaudí Crypt that offers a global vision about the history and life of the people who lived in the Colònia and about the architecture, symbols and materials of the Gaudí Crypt.
What will I see?
Do you think you know everything about the genious Antonio Gaudí? Come with us and you will get surprised! Visit Colònia Güell! It’s only 20 minutes away from Barcelona, and with us you will have round-trip train ticket, entrance to Colònia Güell and an audioguide to make the most of your visit. Easy and at your own pace!
In 1890 Gaudí’s patron, Eusebi Güell, moved his textile factory outside of the city, to Santa Coloma de Cervelló, just 20 minutes outside Barcelona. The new project involved the creation of an industrial village with amenities to improve the workers’ quality of life: terraced houses, a theatre, a school, shops, gardens and a church, now known as the Gaudí Crypt.
Some of the leading modernista architects were involved in the construction of the village. Antoni Gaudí was commissioned to design the church. The church became a laboratory for Gaudí’s architectural innovations: catenary arches, twisted columns, vaults, etc. Here he experimented with many revolutionary building solutions for the Sagrada Familia.
In addition to Gaudí’s church, you can also visit the Interpretation Centre inside the former workers’ cooperative. The centre has a permanent exhibit that provides the keys to understanding the village as a whole and the church in particular.
Please note, you should bring a copy of the voucher.
You are free to go at any time between 10 am to 2 pm, on the day you booked. Please note, you must exchange your voucher for your train ticket at: Ferrocarriles de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC) from Plaza Espanya, Barcelona, Lines S3, S4, S8 and S9. Station – Colonia Güell. Travel with the FGC train decorated with Gaudi’s Crypt. Saturdays and Sundays: