Palau de la Música Catalana Guided Visit
Experience the Palau with a guided visit and discover its wonders. Enjoy a whole world of surprises and refined architectural details.
The Palau de la Música Catalana was declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 1997 and is known as the masterpiece of Modernisme. It is one of the most emblematic buildings of Barcelona and an essential part of any visit to the city.
- When: Daily from 10 AM to 3:30 PM all year round August from 9 AM to 8 PM.
- Meeting point: Your guide will meet you at the foyer (cafeteria) of the Palau de la Musica
- Duration: 55 minutes approx. Please be at the Palau de la Música foyer 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian.
- Itinerary: Rehearsal Hall of the Orfeó Català with a video introduction > Lluís Millet Hall > Concert Hall with its outstanding skylight > Short demonstration of the Palau’s organ.
The Palau de la Música is a busy working concert hall. Guided visits may therefore occasionally be changed or cancelled.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- It is the only way to walk out to the famous balcony with flowered columns
- The concert hall is at is best during day time, when light floods in and you can take outstanding pictures
- You discover another great art nouveau architect in Barcelona, Gaudí wasn’t the only one!
What will I see?
Opened in 1908, this outstanding concert hall was built by the Catalan architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner and is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
The Palau is owned by the Orfeó Català (the Catalan Choir), founded in 1891 by Lluís Millet and Amadeu Vives. More than just a choir, it is a key institution of Catalan culture. Some of its activities have included the building of the Palau, publishing the journal Musical Catalana, organizing concerts, choral musicology, popular and traditional song research etc.
After seeing the imposing façade and a brief audio-visual introduction you will visit the chamber music hall, the spectacular concert hall, the foyer and the Lluís Millet hall.
This activity is provided by the Palau de la Música Catalana. The Palau does not refund any tickets, although you can change the time and date with a service fee of 2 € per person, always depending on availability. All redemption decisions are at the discretion of Palau de la Música.