Barcelona Genuine Shops – Walking tour
Follow Barcelona’s history and way life through the shop windows of the Gothic and Born Quarters. Capture Barcelona’s commercial tradition, culture and cuisine with a taste of a bit of everything: from the centenary shops to trendy and local design boutiques.
- When: Friday at 3.30 pm.
- Meeting Point: Plaça Sant Jaume, in front of the Tourist Office.
- Duration: 3 hours approx.
- Language: English and Spanish or Catalan.
- Transport: this is a walking tour.
- Price includes: Experienced guide in shopping and a discount card for many shops in Barcelona.
- Itinerary: Plaça Sant Jaume > La Ribera – El Born neighborhood > stop at the Born Centre Cultural > Unique historic and architectural surroundings of Barcelona’s most atmospheric districts > Plaça Catalunya.
- Tasting and samples of several products
- Discount card
- The Barcelona Shopping Card, which offers discounts in more than 80 shops.
- The Barcelona Shopping Guide and Barcelona Shopping Map.
What will I see?
Discover the most charming independent boutiques and ateliers. Walk, admire and shop around the quarters where there is a fabulous mix of traiding tradition, historical environment and architectural gems.
Connect with all your senses savoring Barcelona’s lifestyle.
- Taste some nougat for those with a sweet tooth and bread with olive oil and more for those who love tapas.
- Smell the mixture of products and enjoy all the hustle and bustle. Pay speciall attention to the amazing variety of fruit and vegetable.
- Touch the mosaic tyles and feel the textures of clothes.
- See the trendy and innovative designs of independent boutiques.
- Listen to the guide’s stories that will unveil the secrets behind the old town and hundred year old shops.
What to expect
The tour is every Friday at 3.30 pm. It starts and ends at plaça Sant Jaume, just a few minutes from les Rambles and ends at Plaça Catalunya – central meeting point in Barcelona.
Consider it is a 3 hours walking tour, so be prepared and wear comfortable shoes.
The tour is bilingual and combines English with, depending on the group, either Catalan or Spanish.
You will be given a discount card which you can also use after the tour, with a map so you can go back or discover some other boutiques in Barcelona.
The tour will start from Sant Jaume square, inside the Tourist Office. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time.