Cathedral of Barcelona & Gothic Quarter + VR Experience
Come to the core of the city, to where it all started 2,000 years ago, enjoy its charming corners and squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets with the help of our expert guide. Walk around emblematic places such as the Cathedral of Barcelona. You will not be able to resist from taking a picture to one of the most photographed places of the city: the famous Pont del Bisbe.
You will enjoy an amazing virtual reality experience! We will use 3D technology glasses to show you how Barcelona was in the Roman Age.
- When: Mon, Wed & Fri at 9 am, from September to the October
- Duration: 2 hours 15 min approx.
- Language: English & French
- The price includes: Entrance to Barcelona’s Cathedral (worth 12 €) and technology 3D glasses for some stops of the walking tour.
- Distance: This is a walking tour of approximately 2 km, 1.3 miles
- Itinerary: Catalunya > RV Aqueduct > Cathedral guided visit > Claustre > Santa Llúcia > Pl. del Rei, Tinctoria RV > Llibretería > Sant Jaume RV Temple Augustus > El Call > Pl. del Pi (Next to la Rambla and la Boqueria Market).
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will discover Barcelona’s famous Cathedral.
- You will walk directly to the Cathedral and enter before the crowd arrives.
- You will discover all the secrets of the Gothic Quarter through its narrow streets and hidden squares.
- Follow the whole story easily as the guide talks through the radio-guide whisper system and you can hear everything perfectly with your earphone.
- You will discover Barcelona during the Roman age with our 3D equipment (3 stops during the walking tour).
- Skip the line and entrance fee to Barcelona’s Cathedral.
- 45-minute guided tour plus some free time in the Cathedral.
- Walking tour around the Gothic quarter with a licensed guide.
- Virtual Reality equipment.
What's not included
Food and drinks.
- This is a walking tour. Pease make sure you are equipped for the walking distance (1,55 mi – 2,5 km)
- The tour ends at La Boqueria’s market right next to the Rambla.
- You can stay or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the information you need.
What will I see?
This is the one and only Walking Tour that will truly help you understanding Barcelona’s Evolution through the ages. It will help you see the contrast between what Barcelona initially was in its origins to the city it has happened to become nowadays.
You will start this walking tour going down from Plaça Catalunya to the one of the most iconic buildings of the Gothic quarter, Barcelona’s Cathedral. Once you are in front of the Cathedral your official guide will provide you information about this iconic construction, highlighting what makes it such a reference piece to this vivid Gothic quarter. You will then proceed to getting inside the Cathedral through fast track access, so there’s no need to worry about the possible crowds at the entrance. Once inside you will be fascinated by its interior ornamentation and construction.
After this first stop, you will be walking down ancient narrow streets to hidden corners and squares where you will learn all kinds of historical and cultural information to understand the development of the city. You will be having numerous stops to see some highlighted places from a different point of view using our VR glasses. This will be the ultimate way to contrast what Barcelona once was, to the city it has evolved to.
Finally, you will be ending this walking tour in Plaça del Pi. Right next to la Rambla and la Boqueria Market. If you wish getting back to Plaça Catalunya, your local and official guide will give you any kind of indications or guidance so you can get there.
Feel free to ask for any guidance or suggestions to your local official and friendly guide.
What to expect
- Departure point in Plaça Catalunya 19, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza
- Façade of the Cathedral
- Skil the line and guided visit in Barcelona’s Cathedral
- El Claustre
- Santa LLúcia
- Plaça del Rei
- Sant Jaume
- El Call
- Plaça del Pi
Discover Barcelona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable official guide.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 25 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but we talk softly through the radio-guides.
Secure and easy booking
All departures are guaranteed
You don’t need to print your voucher.
Plaça Catalunya 19, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time, and look for the orange umbrellas!
Why 9 am?
You will be one of the first ones arriving to Barcelona’s Cathedral, avoiding all the crowds.