Departing from Girona: the Dalí Museum & Girona Tour
Departing from Girona the Dalí Museum will reveal the secrets from conscious-unconscious going beyond the obvious. Don’t miss Girona, a jewel of culture and history, medieval and Jewish quarters and the colourful houses on the Onyar river.
- When: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 8:30 AM. From 2 April to 31 October.
- Duration: 8.5 hours
- Language: Only in English
- The price includes: licensed guide, taxis, train tickets high speed and quick access to the Dali Museum
- Transport: AVE train and taxis
- Itinerary: Figueres-vilafant Station> in high-speed train AVE> Dali Museum Guided Tour> train to Girona> Free time for lunch in Girona> walk including the houses of the river Onar, walk through the Jewish quarter and the Cathedral > end of tour in plaça Independència (city centre of Girona)
Why do our customers book this tour?
- Spend more time enjoying each site and less time getting there.
- Comfortable and fast transport by the AVE high-speed train.
- Skip the line at the Dalí Museum.
- AVE high-speed train and transport to each site.
- Skip the line and entrance fees to the Dalí Museum and the Cathedral of Girona
- Free time in the Dalí Museum and time for lunch in Girona.
What's not included
- Lunch is not included.
- Please note, you must travel with your passport. It may be required on the train.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible tour.
- The tour is only in English making it easier for you to follow the whole story.
What will I see?
For sure you’ll still get surprised by Salvador Dalí. This surrealist painter was born in Figueres, within L’Empordà and la Costa Brava terrain, and the place where the Dalí Theatre-Museum is located.
In your visit to the Dalí Theatre-Museum you’ll enjoy a unique experience living the works and thoughts of one of the most well-known personalities of the 20th century. A walk all around his life (1904-1989) and his professional career, from his earliest artistic works to the surrealists creations of the last years.
There is no doubt that the Theatre-Museum is his great work. He actually decided to construct it inside the ruins of the old Municipal Theatre that had been destroyed in the Civil War. Dalí wanted to leave all his legacy and amazing works in Figueres and offer visitors a real and unique experience of getting inside his mind and surrealist world.
A city of 2000 years old where Iberians, Romans, Arabs, Greeks, Christians and Jews left their footprint. The result is the following reasons:
The Old Town. Do not miss all the medieval streets that make up the old town. Those which are a reminder of the medieval guilds and now are plenty of cafes and shops that keep the spirit of the area.
El Call – Jewish Quarter. For sure one of the best medieval Jewish quarters in Europe, here you can find the legacy they left after 6 centuries living with their own laws until they were expelled as all Jews in Spain late back in 1492. Old buildings, narrow streets and lovely views. What else can you ask for?
Houses on the Onyar River. Another must-see is the colorful houses that line along the river Onyar: red, orange and yellow buildings all along. You can also find several bridges that connect the old town with the rest of the city.
Cathedral of Girona. During your visit to Girona you’ll enjoy the Cathedral, that arise at the top of a hill. It has 90 steps and the variety of styles explains the history of this building. You will find Romanesque, Gothic, Baroque elements on it. Do not miss the Creation Tapestry found in the museum.
AVE high-speed train
Don’t waste time during your tour. Enjoy the AVE high-speed train to Figueres.
What to expect
We will meet at the Girona train station at 8h30
Why 8:30 am?
You will have time to rest at the train. This is the best schedule so you can enjoy the Dalí Museum in the morning, before the crowds arrive.
- Meeting point at the Girona train station
- Train from Girona to Figueres and the Dalí Museum
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Dalí Museum
- Train to Girona. Free time for lunch in Girona
- Walking tour in the Old Town – with colourful houses along the Onyar River, el Call – Jewish Quarter, skip the line in the Cathedral of Girona
- End of the tour in Plaça Indepèndencia (city center of Girona)
Discover Girona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
AVE high-speed train
- This is the best way to get to Figueres because it is fast, in comfort and an environmental friendly tour.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 20 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
- This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but talk softly through the radio-guides.
- Secure and easy booking
- Instant confirmation
- All departures are guaranteed
We will meet at the Girona train station at 8h30.