Departing from Girona: the Dalí Museum Tour
Do you know who is Salvador Dalí? For sure you’ll still get surprised by him and his artworks. This surrealist painter was born in Figueres, within L’Empordà and la Costa Brava terrain. This is the place where the Dalí Theatre-Museum is located.
- When: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at 8:30 am. From 2 of April to 2 of November.
- Duration: 4.5 hours approx.
- Language: English.
- Price includes: Licensed guide, taxis, train tickets and fast track entrance to the Dalí Museum.
- Transport: AVE high-speed train and taxis.
- Itinerary: Figueres-Vilafan Train Station > by AVE high-speed train > Dalí Museum Guided visit> Return to Girona Station by AVE high-speed train.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You are back in Girona in time for lunch.
- Fastest and most comfortable transport: the AVE high-speed train.
- Less time getting there and more time to visit the Dalí Museum.
- Skip the line at the Dalí Museum and be early, before the crowds arrive.
- AVE high-speed train and transport to each site
- Skip the line and entrance fees to the Dalí Museum
- Free time in the Dalí Museum
What's not included
- Return to the hotel, the tour will end at Plaza de la Independencia (city center of Girona) or you can either return to the Girona train station.
- Please note, you must travel with your passport. It may be required on the train.
- This tour involves some walking.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible tour.
What will I see?
In your visit to the Dalí Theatre-Museum you’ll enjoy one of the most well-known personalities of the 20th century, Salvador Dalí, a unique experience living the thoughts of the artist in his works. A walk all around his life (1904-1989) and his professional career, from his earliest artistic works to the surrealists creations of the last years.
There is no doubt that the Theatre-Museum is his great work. He actually decided to construct it inside the ruins of the old Municipal Theatre that had been destroyed in the Civil War. Dalí wanted to leave all his legacy and amazing works in Figueres and offer visitors a real and unique experience of getting inside his mind and surrealist world.
AVE high-speed train
Don’t waste time during your visit to Catalonia. Enjoy the AVE high-speed train to Figueres and get back to Girona in time for lunch!
What to expect
We will meet at the Girona station at 8h30
Why 8:30 am?
You will have time to rest at the train. This is the best schedule so you can enjoy the Dalí Museum and be back for lunch.
- Meeting point in Girona train station.
- Train to Figueres where the Dalí Museum is.
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Dalí Museum.
- Free time at the Dalí Museum.
- Return to Girona by AVE high-speed train. The tour ends at Girona train station.
Discover Catalonia by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
AVE high-speed train and taxis
- This is the best way to get to Figueres because it is fast, in comfort and an environmental friendly tour.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 20 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
- Secure and easy booking
- Instant confirmation
- All departures are guaranteed
The tour will start at Girona train station at 8h30.