Gaudí – The Park Güell Tour
This tour is dedicated to visit the only park designed by Gaudí in Barcelona, the Park Güell, unfinished project of a garden suburb by Antoni Gaudí financed by Eusebi Güell.
The park brings together all the characteristic features of modernism and the architect’s own particular vision (sinuous and organic shapes, integration with nature, broken tile mosaics). Opened to the public in 1922 was declared World’s Heritage by Unesco in 1984.
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.30AM, from April
- Duration: Around 2h 30.
- Language: English
- Price includes: Guide, transport and entrance fee to Park Güell (worth 8.50).
- Transport: Comfortable roomy air-conditioned private bus. Please note that thet tour involves some walking and several steps.
- Itinerary: Plaça Catalunya > Passeig de Gràcia > drive past the façades of Casa Batlló and La Pedrera > Eixample > Park Güell guided visit + free time > Plaça Catalunya.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- Walk straight in to the Park Güell with no queues, and less crowds because it’s in the early morning.
- Easiest way to get there, with a comfortable coach, from plaça Catalunya in the City Centre.
- Entrance tickets and skip the line in Park Güell
- Roomy and air conditioned bus with big windows
- Friendly and professional licensed guide
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- This tour involves some walking. Consider there are many steps to get around in the park.
What will I see?
The Park Güell is a demonstration of how far ahead of his time Gaudí was. The now familiar mixture of highly advanced technical engineering and fantasy decoration is epitomized by the famous mosaic dragon or salamander, which is also an overflow for the underground water cistern, and the curved mosaic bench around the square which is at once a seat, a balcony and a wonderful piece of art. The park was listed as World Heritage by UNESCO in 1984.
It was supposed to be a residential suburb, which was financed by Eusebi Güell and meticulously planned by Gaudí with intertwining roads and footpaths, water catchment, market place and square, gardens and lodges. Only two houses were sold and eventually the Güell family sold it for a symbolic amount to the city as a park and allowing us all to benefit from this beautiful, world heritage site.
What to expect
The tour will start on time. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. You will recognize us for our orange umbrellas at plaça Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza and Deutsche Bank.
Why 8.30 am?
You will find there are less people in the morning and it will not be as hot to walk around in the open. You can also combine this tour with the La Pedrera, which starts just before the Park Güell.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours or more before the starting time.
- There is no reimbursement if it is less than 24 hours, but you can change the date the day before the tour.
The tour will start from plaça Catalunya, in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time and look for the orange umbrellas!