Picasso Museum & El Born – Walking Tour
Skip the line to visit the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. The museum is the key to understanding the development of this young artist into the genius he became. Discover the history and the beauty El Born’s quarter beholds walking through its narrow streets and exploring the vast amount of artisanal stores. Also, if you’re into fashion, you will not want to miss the countless fashion boutiques.
- When: Tue, Thu & Sat at 9 am, all year round
- Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
- Language: English
- The price includes: Entrance to Picasso Museum (worth 12 €).
- Distance: This is a walking tour of approximately 2 km, 1.3 miles
- Itinerary: Pl. Catalunya > 4 Gats > Picasso Museum (45 minutes guided tour) > Montcada > Pl. del Born > Fossar de les moreres > Façades of Santa María del Mar > Ancient traditional shop > Pl. Catalunya.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will discover the series of Las Meninas by Picasso.
- You will walk directly to the Picasso Museum and enter before the crowd arrives.
- Follow the whole story easily as the guide talks through the radio-guide whisper system and you can hear everything perfectly with your earphone.
- Skip the line and entrance fee to the Picasso Museum.
- 45-minute guided tour plus some free time in the Picasso Museum.
- Walking tour around El Born Quarter with licensed guide.
What's not included
- Food and drinks.
- This is a walking tour.
- The tour ends at the Plaça Nova “Barcino” in the Gothic Quarter. 2 minutes from the Rambla, you’ll stay or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the guidance you need.
What will I see?
The Picasso Museum and the surrounding quarters are testimony to the close tie between the artist and the city. With this tour you will follow Picasso’s footprint in the city and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona.
Be inspired by the first steps of Pablo Picasso as an artist. The museum is the key to understanding the development of this young artist into a genius from 1887 to 1901. It is housed in 5 medieval palaces and was inaugurated in 1963 at the expressed wish of the artist.
The museum has a collection of 4200 pieces of art, we especially recommend:
- Picasso’s full unfolding from a child up to the Blue Period
- A representation of works from 1917
- The series of las Meninas, 1957
- A comprehensive print collection
El Born is one of the most important quarters in Barcelona for the Catalan history it beholds. Discover unique places like el Fossar de les Moreres and learn about the historical background this emblematic place carries. Walk around its narrow streets filled with artisanal boutiques until reaching to the precious basilica of Santa María del Mar. Also, if you’re into fashion, you will not want to miss this quarter, since it has all kinds of fashion stores.
What to expect
Plaça Catalunya 19 in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time, and look for the orange umbrellas!
Why 9 am?
You will be the first to arrive at the Picasso Museum, avoiding all the crowds.
- Departure point in Plaça Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza.
- Façade of the Cathedral
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Picasso Museum
- Plaça del Rei
Discover Barcelona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 25 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but talk softly through the radio-guides.
Secure and easy booking
All departures are guaranteed
You don’t need to print your voucher.
The tour begins at Plaça Catalunya 19 in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza. You’ll recognize us by our orange umbrellas.