Picasso Museum & Gothic Quarter Walking Tour- with VIRTUAL REALITY experience
Skip the line to visit the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious. Discover the Gothic Quarter’s charming squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets. Come to the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago. You will enjoy an amazing virtual reality experience! We will use 3-D technology glasses to show you how was Barcelona in the Roman Age. The contrast between the origins and the present to completely understand the evolution of our city.
- When: Tue, Thu & Sat at 9 AM, from April 1 to November 3
- Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
- Language: English
- The price includes: Entrance to Picasso Museum (worth 12 €) and technology 3D glasses for some stops of the walking tour.
- Distance: This is a walking tour of approximately 2 km, 1.3 miles
- Itinerary: Plaça Catalunya> Cathedral> Picasso Museum with guided tour + free time> Plaça del Rei> Sant Jaume & Roman Aqueduct > (we will do 3 stops of virtual reality where we will share our 3D technology glasses in the most important locations> End of tour in the Plaça Nova “Barcino” (2 minutes walk from La Rambla).
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will discover the series of Las Meninas by Picasso.
- You will walk directly to the Picasso Museum and enter before the crowd arrives.
- You will discover Barcelona during the Roman age with our 3D equipment (3 stops during the walking tour).
- Follow the whole story easily as the guide talks through the radio-guide whisper system and you can hear everything perfectly with your earphone.
- Skip the line and entrance fee to the Picasso Museum
- 45-minute guided tour plus some free time in the Picasso Museum
- Walking tour around the Gothic Quarter with licenced guide
- Virtual reality equipment
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- This tour includes some walking.
- The tour ends at the Plaça Nova “Barcino” in the Gothic Quarter. 2 minutes from the Rambla, you’ll stay or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the guidance you need.
What will I see?
The Picasso Museum and the surrounding Gothic and Ribera quarters are testimony to the close tie between the artist and the city. With this tour you will follow Picasso’s footprint in the city and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona.
Be inspired by the first steps of Pablo Picasso as an artist. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious from 1887 to 1901. It is housed in 5 medieval palaces and was inaugurated in 1963 at the expressed wish of the artist.
The museum has a collection of 4200 pieces of art, we especially recommend:
- Picasso’s full unfolding from a child up to the Blue Period
- A representation of works from 1917
- The series of las Meninas, 1957
- A comprehensive print collection
This is the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago. Enjoy the Gothic Quarter’s charming corners and squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets. During the walking tour you will make 3 stops to travel back in time to Roman age and have a better understanding of the origins of the city. For that you will observe the streets with virtual reality glasses. What you will see?
- First stop; The Roman Tinctoria: where fabrics were dyed – an important busines, as the color of one’s clothes was an signifier of Rank or role in Roman society.
- Second stop; Temple de Augustus: The forum- a large public square – stood at the centre of urban life in Roman Barcelona. Our guides will explain you secrets that happen in its interior.
- Third stop; Roman wall & Moncada Aqueduct: As an importanthub of trade, Roman “Barcino” was protected by impressive city walls and watered by the Moncada aqueduct. You will see how were these constructions originally. This infrastructure was carried out by using water tanks and wells and two aqueducts that brought the water from the river Besòs and from the Collserola mountain. Both aqueducts got together and converged on the Roman wall in the Gothic Quarter.
What to expect
Plaça Catalunya in front of Hotel Olivia Plaça. Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time, and look for the orange umbrellas!
Why 9 am?
You will be the first to arrive at the Picasso Museum, avoiding all the crowds.
- Departure point in Plaça Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza and Deutsche Bank
- Façade of the Cathedral
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Picasso Museum
- Plaça del Rei
- End of tour in plaça SNova “Barcino” in the Gothic Quarter. It is a 2 minute walk to la Rambla, so you can stay and wonder around or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the orientations you may need.
Discover Barcelona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 25 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but talk softly through the radio-guides.
Secure and easy booking
All departures are guaranteed
You don’t need to print your voucher.
The tour begins at Plaça Catalunya in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaça. You’ll recognize us by our orange umbrellas.