Dalí Museum & Girona Tour
Sit back and relax as AVE high speed train takes you to the Dalí Museum in no time.
Discover the truth behind Dalí’s famous quote: ‘The difference between a madman and me is that I am not mad’. The Dalí Museum will reveal the secrets from conscious-unconscious going beyond the obvious.
Do not miss Girona, a jewel of culture and history, with medieval and Jewish quarters and the colourful houses on the Onyar river.
- When: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 AM. From 1st April to 3rd November
- Duration: 10 hours
- Language: Only in English
- The price includes: licensed guide, taxis, train tickets high speed and quick access to the Dali Museum
- Transport: AVE train and taxis
- Itinerary: Pick up at hotel in Barcelona> Sants> 140 Km in high-speed train AVE> Figueres-vilafant Station> Dali Museum Guided Tour> train to Girona> Free time for lunch in Girona> walk including the houses of the river Onar , walk through the Jewish quarter and the Cathedral> back to Barcelona
Why do our customers book this tour?
- Spend more time enjoying each site and less time getting there.
- Comfortable and fast transport by the AVE high-speed train.
- Skip the line at the Dalí Museum.
- Pick up at hotel.
- AVE high-speed train and transport to each site.
- Skip the line and entrance fees to the Dalí Museum and the Cathedral of Girona
- Free time in the Dalí Museum and time for lunch in Girona.
What's not included
- Lunch is not included.
- Return to the hotel, the tour will end at the train station of Barcelona Sants.
- Please note, you must travel with your passport. It may be required on the train.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible tour.
- The tour is only in English making it easier for you to follow the whole story.
What will I see?
The Dalí Museum
The Dalí Theatre-Museum of Figueres offers a unique experience of being able to observe, live and enjoy the work and thought of one of the most extraordinary minds of the 20th century. It contains the broadest range of works spanning the artistic career of Salvador Dalí (1904-1989), from his earliest artistic experiences and his surrealist creations down to the works of the last years of his life.
The Old Town. Discover the network of medieval streets, many of them named after a particular trade which practiced there, a reminder of the medieval guilds. They are now still full of life, with cafes and shops that have kept the commercial spirit of the area.
El Call – Jewish Quarter. One of the best well-preserved medieval Jewish quarters in Europe, with beautiful old buildings and narrow streets. The Jews lived there for 6 centuries ruled by their own laws until they were expelled together with all the Jews in Spain in 1492. Walk up to the city walls that offer some lovely views.
Houses on the Onyar River. Rows of red, orange and yellow buildings line along the banks of the river Onyar, with several bridges that connect the old town with the rest of Girona.
Cathedral of Girona. Arising at the top of a hill is the Cathedral of Girona, with 90 steps to get to and a mixture of styles that illustrate the long history of the building. It has a baroque entrance, a Romanesque cloister and the wides Gothic nave in the world. Do not miss the Creation Tapestry found in the museum, a Romanesque embroidered tapestry.
What to expect
A hybrid ecotaxi will pick you up at your hotel or outside the apartment at 7h30
Why 7:30 am?
You will have time to rest at the train. This is the best schedule so you can enjoy the Dalí Museum in the morning, and be in Girona in time for lunch.
- Pick up at your hotel by hybrid ecotaxi to Barcelona Sants train station
- Train from Barcelona to Figueres and the Dalí Museum
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Dalí Museum
- Train to Girona. Free time for lunch in Girona
- Walking tour in the Old Town – with colourful houses along the Onyar River, el Call – Jewish Quarter, skip the line in the Cathedral of Girona
- Train back to Barcelona and end of the tour in Barcelona Sants train station
Discover Girona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
AVE high-speed train
- This is the best way to get to Figueres because it is fast, in comfort and an environmental friendly tour.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 20 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
- This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but talk softly through the radio-guides.
- Secure and easy booking
- Instant confirmation
- All departures are guaranteed
A hybrid ecotaxi will pick you up at your hotel or outside the apartment at 7h30.