The Montjuïc & Panoramic Tour
Please note that in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 our services are temporarily closed until the 1st of May.Feel free to book any tour from May onwards. You can reschedule as many times as you wish at no cost. For more information, check our BGB COVID-19 Announcement and feel free to contact us.
This tour combines two areas of natural beauty used by Barcelona for culture and recreation:
- Waterfront – Barcelona looks out to sea and that is the first thing you will see when driving along the waterfront. Take special attention to the Old Port, Barceloneta neighborhood and some amazing historical buildings like the Gothic Shipyards (Drassanes).
- Montjuïc Hill with its parks, art galleries, museums and the 1992 Olympic Ring of sports stadiums also provides spectacular views over the city. We will visit the charming Poble Espanyol, with about 45 minutes free time to see the village and have lunch.
- When: Daily at 12:30 pm all year round
- Duration: 2h30 approx.
- Language: English
- Price includes: Professional guide, spacious coach and entrance to Poble Espanyol (worth 14 €).
- Transport: Comfortable roomy air-conditioned private bus.
- Itinerary: Plaça Catalunya > Arc de Triomf > Old Port > Columbus Monument > Gothic Drassanes (shipyards)> World Trade Center > Mirador de Miramar (lookout) > Olympic Ring > Poble Espanyol with about 45 min. of free time for lunch > return to Plaça Catalunya.
Why do our customers book this tour?
- It is the easiest way to get a panoramic overview of the city, see Montjuïc Hill and Poble Espanyol
- The tour is only in English making it easier for you to follow the whole story
- Entrance tickets and skip the line to Poble Espanyol
- Roomy and air conditioned bus with big windows
- Free time in Poble Espanyol so you can wonder around and have lunch (about 45 minutes)
What's not included
- Food and drinks. There is water available in the bus for 1 €
- Hotel pick up. Departure point is in Plaça Catalunya, the center of Barcelona and with very good communications, near la Rambla, Gothic Quarter and Passeig de Gràcia.
- This tour involves some walking.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle. However, if you have limited mobility (i.e. you can get on and off the coach) we can take your wheelchair with us.
What will I see?
Enjoy the spectacular views of Barcelona from Montjuïc and get a glimpse of all the cultures in Spain at the 1929 open air museum of Poble Espanyol (Spanish Village).
The Waterfront is a living example of how the very old can be successfully combined with the very new: the Old Port with its Dock warehouses and the Gothic Drassanes or shipyards have been preserved and incorporated into a remodelled recreational area, with the Aquarium, the World Trade Centre, restaurants and cinemas.
- Old Port: Separated from the Olympic port by long beaches and the old fisherman’s quarter, Barceloneta.
- Columbus Monument: built in his honour in 1888, it is at the foot of the famous Rambla.
- Gothic Drassanes: Medieval shipyards which now house the Maritime Museum. One of the finest examples of civil Gothic architecture in Europe.
- World Trade Center: original imposing building by Henry N. Cobb whose aesthetic features are highlighted by the
Montjuïch Hill with its parks, art galleries, museums and the 1992 Olympic Ring of sports stadiums also provides spectacular views over the city. You will have the whole city at your feet, a perfect location to see how Barcelona is surrounded by mountains and looks out to the sea.
Are all Spanish towns the same? You can see the amazing diversity at this open air museum that was built in 1929 and has replicas of streets, squares and buildings from around the country.
Don’t miss the artists and craftsmen! You can watch them at work, synthesizing traditional crafts with modern design: glass, ceramics, jewellery, fabrics, etc.
There are also many bars and restaurants, you will have about 45 minutes to wonder around and have lunch.
What to expect
Discover the very best of Barcelona in a 2 hours and a half tour. Drive along the waterfront, say hello to Columbus Monument, stop for spectacular views in Montjuic hill and visit Poble Espanyol – The Spanish Village – where you will have about 45 minutes to have lunch and wander around.
- Arc de Triomf
- Waterfront: Port beaches and Old Port
- Columbus Monument
- Montjuic Hill – Miramar lookout
- Poble Espanyol – guided visit + 45 minutes free time to wander around and have lunch
- End of tour and return to Plaça Catalunya
Will I have free time?
Yes, you will have about 45 minutes at Poble Espanyol, so you have time to wonder around and have lunch
Discover Barcelona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
Enjoy the peace of mind of being driven by a professional driver, who will take care of your safety and will adapt the pace of the tour so you have time to look out and take pictures.
Discover the city from a roomy and air conditioned bus with big windows – great for pictures!
This is a new bus. It is comfortable and also has a low emissions engine. This means we help reduce the air pollution in Barcelona and reduce the CO2 climate change emissions.
How large is the group?
The size of the coach, the absolute maximum is 45 persons.
- Secure and easy booking
- Instant confirmation
- All departures are guaranteed
The tour will start from plaça Catalunya, in front of Olivia Plaza Hotel. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. Look for the orange umbrellas!