Tour to the heart of Costa Brava: Peratallada & Calella de Palafrugell
Experience the high-speed train – AVE to get to Girona and start your adventure in Costa Brava. The combination of coastal villages and inner villages make it a wonderful experience. Start with the picturesque medieval village of Peratallada, stop for some outsanding views of the Costa Brava and end at the fisherman village of Calella de Palafrugell.
- When: Mon, Wed & Fri at 7h30 am, from 1st April to the 30th October
- Duration: 11 hours approx.
- Language: English
- The price includes: licensed guide, taxis, high-speed train tickets (AVE) and bus transfers
- Transport: Taxis, Train & Bus Services included.
- Itinerary: Hotel pick up > Sants Station > 140 Km by AVE high-speed train > Girona > Bus ride to Peratallada > Far de San Sebastià > Bus Ride to Calella de Palafrugell > Camí de Ronda > Free time for lunch > Return to Girona > Return to Sants Station by AVE
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will discover one of the most famous holiday destinations, Costa Brava.
- You will get to visit Peratallada to understand and learn about its historical culture and traditions.
- You will have panoramic views to the inner village of Peratallada and Costa Brava’s coastal view from high viewing point of El Far de Sant Sebastià.
- You will get to visit Calella de Palafrugell and feel the peaceful and relaxing side of a coastal village.
- You will have panoramic coastal views to a picturesque scene from Camí de Ronda.
- Pick up at hotel in a eco-taxi.
- AVE high-speed train and transport to each site.
- Taxi & bus transfers to each village.
- Free time in Far de Sant Sebastià – Peratallada.
- Free time in Camí de Ronda – Calella de Palafrugell.
What's not included
- Food and drinks are not included in this tour.
- This day trip requires you to travel with your passport. It may be required on the train.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible tour.
- The tour is only in English making it easier for you to follow the whole story.
- Lunch is not included (you will have free time and a wide range of restaurants to choose from).
What will I see?
Costa Brava has end up becoming one of the all time favorite tourist destinations. Its success is due to the perfect combination it offers between coastal and inner villages. Join this tour if you’re looking for making the most of your Costa Brava visit in one single exciting day trip.
This day trip will force you to wake up a little earlier than in other of our tours since your eco-taxi will pick you up at your location at 7h30 am. But don’t worry, it will be worth it and you will also be able to sit back and relax once you are in the high-speed train (AVE) reaching in no time to Girona.
Once you are in Girona, you will be headed to the Inner Village of Peratallada, an inner village that beholds loads and loads of historical culture. Once in Peratallada you will be able to learn about every single detail the traditions of this inner village offers. After learning and getting to know Peratallada, you will be heading to el Far de Sant Sebastià, a high viewing point where you will be facing exceptional views to the coastal area of Costa Brava and of the entire village and before going taking your bus towards Calella de Palafrugell.
Once you are in Calella de Palafrugell you will be discovering the other bright side of Costa Brava, a coastal village. Feel the relaxing essence of the coast vibe and enjoy free time to yourself where you will be able to have lunch (not included) or walk around the beautiful views Camí de Ronda offers you.
Once you are done with your free time in Calella de Palafrugell, you will be heading back to Girona’s train station where you will retake the high-speed train (AVE) to return to Barcelona.
What to expect
We’ll pick you up right at your hotel at 7:30 am in a hybrid ecotaxi — we like to get an early start so you have a full day sightseeing. Don’t worry! You can rest on the train. You’ll be in Girona in no time.
Peratallada: The essense of an inner village from Costa Brava.
Far de Sant Sebastià: A panoramic viewer that offers both, wonderful inner village views (to Pertallada) and Costa Brava’s picturesque coastal view.
Calella de Palafugell: The other charming side of the Costa Brava, the essence of a coastal village.
Free time for lunch (not included)
Camí de Ronda: A relaxing walk where you will feel the Mediterranean vibe through a wide view of a coastal village. Enjoy one of the most famous views and photographed areas in all Costa Brava before finishing your day trip and heading back to Barcelona.
Do book early — we only allow 25 people maximum on our Costa Brava tours.
- Hotel Pick-up in an Eco-Taxi
- High-Speed Train (AVE) to Girona
- Transfer from Girona to Peratallada
- Guided Tour in Peratallada
- Panoramic Viewer – Far de Sant Sebastià
- Transfer to Calella
- Guided visit in Calella
- Free Time for lunch
- Promenade in Camí de ronda
- Return to Girona’s Station
- Return to Barcelona by High-Speed Train (AVE)
Discover Barcelona by the hand of a friendly and knowledgeable official guide.
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 25 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but we talk softly through the radio-guides.
Secure and easy booking
All departures are guaranteed
You don’t need to print your voucher.
Our eco-taxis will pick you up at your location at 7h30 for taking you to Sants Station to start your day trip.