Private Gaudí in Essence: Sagrada Família & Park Güell
Enjoy a private Gaudí Tour visiting two masterpieces of the architect Gaudí, Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.
- Duration: 4 hours approx.
- Meeting point: Choose the time and we will meet you at your hotel or wherever suits you best.
- Guide: Friendly and knowledgeable guide expert in Gaudí’s works
- Transport: Deluxe Sedan or Minivan depending on numbers
- Price includes: Entrance to Sagrada Família and Park Güell
- Itinerary: Pick-up at your hotel > Park Güell Visit > Passeig de Gràcia > Façades of Casa Batlló & La Pedrera > Sagrada Família Visit
- We can customise this tour according to your desires. You can visit Casa Milà – La Pedrera or Casa Batlló instead of Park Güell, just let us know your preferences.
- If you are more than 6 persons e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a customized quote
What to expect
Antoni Gaudí, visionary architect during Barcelona’s modernista (art nouveau) period early last century, graced Barcelona with nearly all his extraordinary and beautiful buildings. No less than 7 have been listed as World Heritage by UNESCO.
The half day tour starts at the broad elegant avenue of Passeig de Gràcia, which was built for and by the wealthy Barcelonians and they have never left; luxury and design shops line the street along with major banks and the stock exchange. Architectural details include modernist lampposts and Gaudí’s tiles for the pavement and a myriad of grand buildings including two of Gaudí’s houses: Casa Batlló and La Pedrera.
Park Güell. The park brings together all the characteristic features of Art Nouveau and Gaudí’s own particular vision with sinuous and organic shapes, integration with nature and broken tile mosaics.
Casa Batlló (façade). is not just a building but an artistic legend; hidden behind an exceptional façade is a world of surprises and refined architectural details.
Casa Milà – La Pedrera (façade). This apartments building is known as La Pedrera (the quarry) due to its rough outer appearance. Do not miss the roof with its famous chimney stacks.
The Sagrada Família, the jewel in the crown of Gaudí’s works, is the last on the tour. The genius architect dedicated the latter part of his life to this work. The temple is a synthesis of his overall conception of architecture. The richness of detail and its significance need explaining in order to appreciate this fascinating and extraordinary building in full. Gaudí wished the temple, which is still being built, to be financed by the people, not by taxes or funding, and that’s just what your entrance fees do (included in our tour price): finance the completion of the building started in 1882.