Private Sant Pau Art Nouveau site & Labyrinth park tour
- Duration: 4 hours approx.
- Departure: Choose the time and we will meet you at your hotel or wherever suits you best.
- Guide: Friendly and knowledgeble guide expert
- Transport: Deluxe Sedan or Minivan depending on numbers
- Price: From 500 €
- Itinerary: Pick-up at your hotel > Sant Pau, recinte modernista entrance tickets fees > Labyrinth Park in Horta > Vall d’Hebron > Vila d’Horta
- Please note that we can customise this tour according to your desires.
What to expect
The district of Horta-Guinardó has its own character mainly due to the Vila d’Horta, an independent town until 1904. Its main activities, farming and laundry, defined the landscape of the district until it was joined to Barcelona and extended during the Olympic Games.
You will visit :
Sant Pau, recinte modernista
The architect Lluís Domènech i Muntaner built a new hospital for the fast growing Barcelona, designed in 1902 and inaugurated in 1930. It is an astonishing Art Nouveau site with 48 pavilions connected by underground passages. Declared World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, in 2009 the hospital facilities moved to new premises and, after a thorough restoration, the Modernista complex is now an international centre for knowledge and a new cultural landmark.
Parc del Laberint
Originally a private garden, it was designed in 1792 to become an example of artistic gardening. It is full of romantic and neo-classical details, with flower beds, small squares, tall trees and a waterfall. The most outstanding element is the maze, created from pollarded cypress trees.
It is an example on how the Olympic Games were integrated in the city of Barcelona, it has several Olympic sport equipments still used nowadays and the journalists’ residents were converted into households. There are also outstanding contemporary sculptures like the “Mistos”, the giant matchbox.
This neighborhood has maintained the character of a town, as it was independent from Barcelona until 1904. We will visit the plaça Eivissa, the central meeting point in Horta, historical cafes and the local market.